So long as it actually has a box; I want to see what they could do to update the EARLY arcade stuff. I'm talking the Irem Trilogy (when Capcom was still technically working out Irem's gargage) Vulgus, Son-Son, Pirate Ship Higemaru. That kinda stuff
I actually hope this does well, if only because Japan has more business ethics laws making Konami physically incapable of being as evil as Epic or Roblox.
There is not a single thing I can say to this that wouldn't make me sound like a conspiratorial nut, and get me put on yet another watch list for being to observate to what these Orwellian (epephet withheld) are trying to do
I liked the Hauted Mansion game. Closest thing we'll ever get to The adventures of Ichabod and Mr. Toad in gaming, since not even the gacha cars games touch the War era films for some reason
@RupeeClock Marvelous owns G-Mode who owns (most of) Data East. Community engagement is one thing, but to do it at ransom just seems to lack confidence in the product. Did Microids' reboot flop THAT badly that Marvelous thought even just a re-issue wouldn't be worth it?
Maybe it's just my hatred of Microsoft, but this is kinda whelming for "The biggest announcement of the Rosen Administration." The 2600+ itself was bigger than just a bunch of reprints. And why are only 12 available individually but the rest you can only get in the El Supremo Packs? Plaion didn't think they'd sell on their own? Like these don't already exclusively sell to weirdo completionists like us anywy? And what's the game missing from "Secret?" 39 is too specific a number: someyhad to have fallen through at the last minute.
Maybe I'm just too American to understand, but this does not seem like One More Thing to me: unless the big reveal is that Commodore (one of them, at least) is finally releasing stuff.
Comments 489
Re: 1990 Bubble Bobble Clone Snow Bros. Is Getting a New Physical Famicom Release
What is this? The... 8th way to buy Snow Bros in modern times?
Re: Atari's 800XL Is The Next Hardware Revival From The Company Behind The Neo Geo AES+
Well the 7200+ was halfway there already so might as well
Re: "If I Didn't Have These Powerful Tools, I Wouldn't Do It at All" - The Oliver Twins Explain Why They're Dizzy About GenAI
I'm starting to understand why all the world's problems can be traced back to the British Empire
Re: Psikyo Memories Shmup Collection Jets Off February 2027, Physical Editions Coming For PS5 And Nintendo Switch 2
The edia website shows the Switch box with the key card disclaimer
Re: Secret Base Video Shows Battletoads x Double Dragon Gaiden Crossover That Never Happened
I'm surprised this doesn't break some form of NDA
Re: The Neo Geo AES+ Was Almost Cancelled Thanks To The RAMpoclayse
Yet another to break Sam Altman's legs
Re: Four More Neo Geo AES+ Games Have Been Confirmed
Marvelous gets a paycheck
Re: Aero The Acro-Bat, Kamikaze Squirrel, And The Absurd Feudal Bros. Return For Physical Sunsoft Compilation
...I swear they JUST did and Aero collection...
Re: Psikyo Memories Shmup Collection Coming In 2027 For PS5 And Nintendo Switch 2
My head hurts: is City Connection still the owner of the Psikyo IP or not?
Re: Joe & Mac Retro Collection Brings Three "Stone Age" SNES Games To Modern Consoles This October
@slider1983 no u
Re: Toaplan's Zero Wing Is Coming To Neo Geo, Via To h0ffman's Homebrew Port
I still have no idea why Embracer only uses physical to promote Freemode SYNERGY, and all their other games get told to kick rocks.
Re: "Terrible Marketing Hid A Great Show" - First Reviews Of Paramount's Golden Axe TV Series Are In
I will now put in the effort to stral at least the first 3 episodes. I'll be dead in the cold hard ground before I pay for an Oracle product again.
Re: Terranigma Returns January 14 2027, Physical "Gaia Edition" Now Available To Pre-Order
Finally, a Square-Enix game on cartridge, and with a free upgrade path
Re: "He Was Giddy" - Even Lord British Has Succumbed To The Allure Of GenAI
Yet another reason to throw eggs at Sam Altman's house
Re: Sunsoft's Second Retro Game Collection Includes Original 'Kusoge' Ikki And Obscure RPG Maharaja
...Eh. I'm kinda over Sunsoft. Found out the money that "brought them back" into console gaming isn't exactly clean.
Re: Yuji Horii's Hugely Influential 1983 Adventure Game 'Portopia Serial Murder Case' Is Getting A Remake
"©G-Mode/ARMOR PROJECT. ©Spike-Chunsoft Co. Ltd."
Huh... So I guess I put these two under Kadokawa.
Re: "We're Genuinely Sorry" - The Neo Geo AES+ Has Been Delayed
Yet another reason to hate Sam Altman
Re: Ace Combat 8: Wings Of Theve Lobby Includes Namco Classics Pac-Man, Galaga, And More
How many times have Pac-Man and Galaga been ported? It's gotta be in the triple digits by now
Re: Following Onimusha, Capcom Is Looking At 'Re-Activating' Dormant Franchises - What Would You Like To See Return?
So long as it actually has a box; I want to see what they could do to update the EARLY arcade stuff. I'm talking the Irem Trilogy (when Capcom was still technically working out Irem's gargage) Vulgus, Son-Son, Pirate Ship Higemaru. That kinda stuff
Re: Konami Wai Wai World Craft 'Concept' Trailer Spotlights Some of The Game Maker's Gadgets
I actually hope this does well, if only because Japan has more business ethics laws making Konami physically incapable of being as evil as Epic or Roblox.
Re: 'Sega VS Capcom' Fan Project Shut Down For "Using Capcom's Characters & Likeness"
Really it's a wonder it didn't happen sooner
Re: "A Pathetic And Shameful Moment In American History" - Trump Turns Human Suffering Into Retro Games To The Tune Of Sonic The Hedgehog
There is not a single thing I can say to this that wouldn't make me sound like a conspiratorial nut, and get me put on yet another watch list for being to observate to what these Orwellian (epephet withheld) are trying to do
Re: "Disney Started Freaking Out" - Here's Why Pirates Of The Caribbean: The Curse of The Black Pearl Never Got A Proper Video Game Tie-In
@NatiaAdamo Tomato Potato, you know what I mean
Re: "Disney Started Freaking Out" - Here's Why Pirates Of The Caribbean: The Curse of The Black Pearl Never Got A Proper Video Game Tie-In
I liked the Hauted Mansion game. Closest thing we'll ever get to The adventures of Ichabod and Mr. Toad in gaming, since not even the gacha cars games touch the War era films for some reason
Re: S.C.A.T. Is Back! Tengo Project Returns With A Remaster Of The NES Classic, Final Mission
@PKDuckman That re-release has Winning top billed in the copyright, so the legal on it is most likely "messy" to say the least
Re: S.C.A.T. Is Back! Tengo Project Returns With A Remaster Of The NES Classic, Final Mission
It's still amazing to me just how little Natsume actually made back in the day. They really did just coast on that Harvest Moon license
Re: Joe & Mac Retro Collection Brings Three "Stone Age" SNES Games To Modern Consoles This October
@slider1983 This is most confusing
Re: Joe & Mac Retro Collection Brings Three "Stone Age" SNES Games To Modern Consoles This October
@slider1983 You said Mr. Nuts
Re: Joe & Mac Retro Collection Brings Three "Stone Age" SNES Games To Modern Consoles This October
@slider1983 OCEAN STILL EXISTS?!
Re: Joe & Mac Retro Collection Brings Three "Stone Age" SNES Games To Modern Consoles This October
@slider1983 I don't know either. I just know Microids made it
Re: Joe & Mac Retro Collection Brings Three "Stone Age" SNES Games To Modern Consoles This October
@RupeeClock Marvelous owns G-Mode who owns (most of) Data East. Community engagement is one thing, but to do it at ransom just seems to lack confidence in the product. Did Microids' reboot flop THAT badly that Marvelous thought even just a re-issue wouldn't be worth it?
Re: It's Official! The Piko Interactive Collection 1 For Evercade Has Been Reissued
Pich sold Magic Girl. To who, I have no idea
Re: Joe & Mac Retro Collection Brings Three "Stone Age" SNES Games To Modern Consoles This October
Still astoundingly cheap of Marvelous to require a Kickstarter for a ROM collection
Re: Peter Cullen, The Voice Of Optimus Prime And Mario, Has Died Aged 85
(violent, angry, and conspiratorial rant witheld)
(explicitive withheld) RFKJr
Re: Unlike Nintendo, Playdate Maker Panic Is Doing The Right Thing With Tariff Refunds
...Did we ever try to guilt Atari into giving Tariff refunds? Were they even effected?
Re: Hollywood Legend And Video Game Star Tim Curry Has Passed Away
Oh COME ON! I know it's Rule of Threes, but usually there's SOME breathing room between them, and normally only one people actually like.
Re: Commodore And CD Projekt Red Reveal Cyberpunk 2077-Branded C64, Coming Next Year
Dang, that's the first CDPR release I'm actually interested in. But I ain't paying close to $400 for it
Re: "The Atari x Activision Collaboration Celebrates Our Connected History" - Atari Reveals Its Big Announcement
Maybe it's just my hatred of Microsoft, but this is kinda whelming for "The biggest announcement of the Rosen Administration." The 2600+ itself was bigger than just a bunch of reprints. And why are only 12 available individually but the rest you can only get in the El Supremo Packs? Plaion didn't think they'd sell on their own? Like these don't already exclusively sell to weirdo completionists like us anywy? And what's the game missing from "Secret?" 39 is too specific a number: someyhad to have fallen through at the last minute.
Re: Earthion Is Getting Its Own Hand-Made Sega Genesis Arcade Stick, But What's Going On With That Trailer?
I thought that thing looked funky. That is a poor look for GoG and Clear River cause this was in their big direct
Re: Manic Miner Is Back, But The Trailer Has The Suspicous Stink Of GenAI
I am offended on behalf of every artist that has ever had to re-draw a sprite for an HD remake
Re: Ninja JajaMaru - Yokai Night Parade Is Hacking And Slashing Its Way To Modern Systems
@PinballBuzzbro Looks like discount Goemon... I can see why Nob would rather not with that one
Re: "I've Never Been One To Play It Safe" - Segagaga Director Goes All-In On GenAI On His Latest Project
So it's not out of laziness, but out of a desire to gaze as deeply into the abyss and see what wretched thing comes out. Well it's... something
Re: Alien Breed Is Getting A 35th Anniversary Collection, And Its Publisher Couldn't Be More Apt
@slider1983 Still too American to get the significance of that
Re: Ninja JajaMaru - Yokai Night Parade Is Hacking And Slashing Its Way To Modern Systems
I swear City Connection's used that key art of JajaMaru somewhere else before... Well at least he's finally in 3D... technically
Re: "This Moment Has Been Long Awaited" - Terranigma Is Coming To Switch, Switch 2, PS5, Xbox And PC Early Next Year
Well that explains the rights issue, but who's actually making this? Clear River is NOT a developer.
Re: Alien Breed Is Getting A 35th Anniversary Collection, And Its Publisher Couldn't Be More Apt
Maybe I'm just too American to understand, but this does not seem like One More Thing to me: unless the big reveal is that Commodore (one of them, at least) is finally releasing stuff.
Re: Mr. Nutz Is The Next 16-Bit Character To Get A Physical Resurrection On SNES And Genesis
...Oh right, Europe.
Re: Here's The First Trailer For Golden Axe's Animated TV Series, From The Creator Of Star Trek: The Lower Decks
I don't care how many obscure Sega IP get resurrected, I am not giving money to the Ellisons! We will be STEALING Sonic 4
(Maybe this means that game is almost done Synergistic releases and all that.)
Re: This Dying Street Fighter II Cart Is A Sobering Reminder That Physical Doesn't Mean Forever
Semmes more like a skill issue
Re: "One Of The Biggest Announcements We've Ever Made" - Atari Says Something "Big" Is Coming
Wade now seeking the title of "Vauge Posting King"