Comments 274

Re: A Fool's Errand Is The Kind Of Addictive Brilliance You Can Only Find On Playdate

BionicDodo

Ah man, I love the weird and wonderful world of gaming devices and have always been highly intrigued by the Playdate, but sadly I just can't bring myself to take a £265 punt on one (that appears to be how much a Playdate and cover would cost once VAT and shipping are added). Maybe one day if I see an offer. This does look like fun, even if it's somewhat for the novelty value.

Edit: Typo

Re: One Of The Most Iconic Joysticks Of The '80s And '90s Is Being Revived

BionicDodo

@PopetheRev28 I had a Quickshot Python for the Master System. I only really remember using it for two things:

1. It was the only way I could perform skateboard tricks on the half-pipe in California Games.

2. By plugging it in as controller two, turning on auto-fire and placing a rubber band over the trigger button, it would cause Wonder Boy in Monster Land to rapidly pause and unpause. Doing this for a while, I believe 45 times, would cause you gold to go up by 45. Leave it for an hour or so and you could buy everything in the game. It did cause the game to get glitchy though - enemies would walk off ledges and just keep walking through the air!

Fun times!